Halten

The "outer island" is a deserted fishing village, and the northernmost point in the isles and Froan. The lighthouse was transferred from Lista to Halten and put into operation in autumn 1875. The lighthouse was until recently all serviced by two men. Halten is an old fishing village. It is mentioned in written sources as early as 1548. In fishing season though, people were staying at Halten long before this. A sundial carved into the rock of the Husøya is dated to the beginning of the 1400s, or perhaps the late 1300s. Halten is protected by the Cultural Heritage Act.

"Eat and sleep at Halten"

"Pictures of Halten"

A Day at Halten

"Froan nature reserve"